Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Introductions



Many people ask, when they meet me, how long I have been homeschooling my children. Without hesitation, I can honestly tell them, "from birth!" That truly is my philosophy on home schooling - it is something that I have always done with my children. Lately, I must admit, it is a little more structured than those early days, but with no more thought or love! I absolutely love teaching my children and thank God every day for the opportunity to be home with them, to teach them and to truly know them and be a part of their lives. No, I can't hold onto them forever, but I can cherish every moment that I have with them and form a relationship that will last a lifetime. That is my prayer! So, I guess I should tell you a little bit about the inspirations behind my routine! Holly is the oldest with true "oldest child" habits! She is neat and organized, easy to teach as long as what she is learning has a reason behind it and is passionate about the Lord. She truly desires to be what He wants her to be. Right now, she is learning piano, mostly teaching herself, sings in the choir and is a Bible Quizzer. MaKenna is next and a true "middle child!" She is outgoing, friendly and full of life. She is creative and melancholy/phlegmatic - what a combination! She, too, loves the Lord and is a Bible Quizzer. She enjoys drawing, crafts and making things. Both girls love to read and try to do it any chance they get! Caleb is the youngest - the only boy not only who is home all day, but in almost any group we are in, he tends to be the only boy! He is so cute and so smart that he amazes me at times. Like his daddy, he likes to build things and loves math. He is sweet and thoughtful and full of energy. I feel so blessed to have these 3 wonderful children, so alike yet so different, in my life everyday. I often end a day feeling like they have taught me more than I could ever teach them.

No comments:

About our group

HEART stands for "Home Educators Always Reaching Together". This group was started about 10 years ago as a desire to enable our children to interact with other families who share our faith and our ideas about homeschooling. Over the years, we have grown from just 2 families to about 15 families and we continue to grow. Our foundation is set on the Word of God who first ordained us to diligently teach our children and we strive to help each other, have fun and learn together as the opportunities arise. This site is for information about our group, the things that we do and hopefully inspiration and encouragement to any who need it. Come back often to see what we are doing, ask questions or give ideas! Thanks for stopping by!